Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Snow Day! February Challenge: Chilled

Oh man, I am on a roll! I knocked this dread out quick. I'm pretty confident this first 1k will be done within a month at this rate! I give you Brother Seberot:



Dat Ass



I had a ton of fun working on a bigger model for once. I got to break out several different techniques. I combined my dry brush NMM with my glaze blending technique for the metal and I was quite pleased with the results. Moreover, I was pleased with how fast it came together. I had so much fun with the glazes that i decided to give his red armor some gentle gradients on top of the edge highlighting. I was well pleased with the results.

I also finished adding snow to all the bases:






Finally, here is my commitment for March! Plasma Dread, Master of the Forge, and a Combat Squad (awaiting some grav guns to complete the entire squad). I know its generally unwise to paint heroes early on but I have yet to finish an HQ choice for this army (aside from the sweet Librarian sent to me by Aninja!). Here's the goal: